The World Series of Poker website has presented the list of ten candidates that will be considered to include one of them into the Poker Hall of Fame. There are four non-players in the final list, and they will be competing with six pokerists to grab the honorable place. Login Casino follows the latest poker news and gives an overview of this year's ten contenders.
The World Series of Poker formed the list of the final ten contenders for including one of them into the Poker Hall of Fame. This no-cash title is the praise for the best in the poker industry, including non-players. Poker Hall of Fame is founded in 1979 and has 58 members included in it since its foundation. Compared to the previous years, in 2020, there will be only one winner but not two, who will be included in the Hall of Fame.
The final list of nominees in 2020 looks like the following:
- Patrik Antonius – active pokerist from Finland, started in 2005.
- Lon McEachern and Norman Chad – famous commentators for multiple WSOP events.
- Eli Elezra – the US poker player with 12 titles in the pocket.
- Antonio Esfandiari – Iran-born 11-time title winner, while now 'Magician' lives in San Francisco.
- Chris Ferguson – American pokerist with 21 titles during his career.
- Ted Forrest – 22-time winner from New York, who is active for four decades.
- Mike Matusow – pokerist from the US with 12 major winnings, still an active player.
- Matt Savage – famous US poker tournaments director, including WPT.
- Isai Scheinberg – an Israeli-Canadian founder of PokerStars.
- Huck Seed – 19-time title-winner from the US, who isn't active now.
The most interesting candidates
Of course, the most interesting is the contribution of non-players. Thus, Matt Savage is included in the final-ten list for a few years in a row and can be praised as the successful and dedicated poker tournament organizer. Interestingly, he is still participating in some events and has some caches.
Another passionate organizer in the industry is Isai Scheinberg, who is the founder of PokerStars' digital card-playing platform. The world-known destination for online players was founded in 2001 and had been developing till 2014 under Isai's ruling, while now the platform belongs to Amay Gaming. Scheinberg is first-time nominated for the award.
Finally, the most intriguing seems the pair of candidates, Lon McEachern and Norman Chad. Those are the passionate poker lovers and have commented on numerous major poker events for diverse broadcasters. They both are regarded as the 'voice of poker' due to their active participation since 2003.
Read more: Do online Bitcoin casinos offer poker games?