Sign up for news

Norway Government Is Disturbed because of Problem Gambling Rising

19 August 2020, 16:29
Votes: 1

The survey held by the University of Bergen showed a negative tendency in the number of problem casino players in Norway. According to the latest casino news, it may cause more changes in the Norway gambling legislation.

Norway Government Is Disturbed because of Problem Gambling Rising

Norway has rather serious rules in terms of gambling, so their national lottery operator Norsk Tipping always has an attentive look at the players' behaviour tendencies. Their representative Bjørn Helge Hoffmann commented on the last survey made by the University of Bergen, which showed several negative tendencies.

The first aspect that disturbed Hoffmann was the increase of problem players from 0.9% in 2015 to 1.4% in 2020 (numbers are concerning the total population). The quantity of those who are at a moderate risk level also grew during the last five years, from 2.3% to 3.1%.

What led to the problem gambling increase in Norway?

According to the Norsk Tipping representative, the numbers above have an increasing tendency because of the broader advertising. Also, Hoffmann made an emphasis on the easier availability to play online casinos using the internet. At the same time, he claimed that Norsk Tipping, being a government-ruled organisation, doesn't promote online casinos and gambling due to legal restrictions in Norway.

Amid the primary adverse elements of illegal gambling providers is the absence of the mandatory loss limits, which are obligatory for registered lotteries and casinos in Norway. Hoffmann has stated that such a restriction allows to protect problem players from losing too much money, and that is the case to pay attention to.

In the end, he admitted that recent unification steps in Norway would lead to better regulation in the gambling sector and avoid risky situations due to unsynchronised steps.

Read more: What one should know about gambling addiction?

Read moreThe variety of slot machines and how to beat them

makemoneymedia99
Comments:

No comments

Now read
2 Dec
Up