The 6th Annual Sports Betting West Africa (SBWA) Summit, which was due to take place in Lagos this November, has been moved to take place on December 7-9, 2020 at Kampala Serena Hotel in Kampala, Uganda, alongside the 6th Annual Sports Betting East Africa (SBEA) Summit.
Find more information about the upcoming industry events in the Login Casino news about the gambling market.
The decision to merge both events SBEA and SBWA came after further discussion with advisers and speakers in both Nigeria and Uganda. Given the circumstances, the mandatory 7-day self-isolation requirement for international travelers into Nigeria as mandated by the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control has made it impossible for most of the international participants to be attending the event in Lagos.
The organizers are in constant discussion with key industry stakeholders to adjust how they deliver an event with the highest possible output and greatest value. Their ultimate goal is to create a platform for gaming industry professionals to meet and share ideas for business growth, and this should be the majority of the entire travel experience for each.
The merge of Sports Betting East Africa and Sports Betting West Africa will create a 3-day event offering more networking opportunities for all participants and, at the same time, offering more time to discuss pertinent topics on both East and West gaming ecosystems.
Topics of discussion will include:
- What does the “new normal” for Africa’s sports betting look like post-COVID-19?
- Discussing how operators and regulators can work together while promoting responsible gaming.
- Effective strategies that work best when entering Africa’s gaming market.
- Developing resilient long-term plans to sustain and stay on top of the game.
- Strengthening frameworks through effective collaboration to maximize profits.
- Unlocking the growth potential of Africa’s mobile and social gaming.
- Analyzing how mobile money revolutionized the gaming industry.
- Identifying the right products to offer in Africa.
Here is the list of industry professional in both the East African market and West African market:
- Abiodun Babalola, Snr. Manager – Business Development, 1XBET Nigeria;
- Aggrey Say, Country Marketing Manager, OdiBets;
- Austin Udu, Director of Sales – Africa, Global Bet;
- Devon Dalbock, General Manager, GLI Africa;
- Felix Mukaxe, Gambling Inspector, Mozambique Gambling Board;
- Gregg Rathbone, Head of Sportsbook, LionsBet;
- James Mbalwe, DG, Gaming Board of Tanzania;
- James Mpiirwe, Manager, Responsible Gaming, National Gaming Board, Uganda;
- Jean Claude Mushimire, Ministry of Trade Industry and East African Community Affairs, Rwanda;
- Jimmy Kenneth, Chairman, Tanzania Sports Betting Association;
- Johnson Foye, Executive Director, Western Sportsbet Nigeria Ltd (Westernbet);
- John Kamau, Co-Founder, Betconsult;
- Kaleb Stanislav, Head of Gaming Operations, Betika;
- Solomon Godwin, Africa Continent Manager, Pragmatic Play;
- Tayo Atoloye, Country Manager, Nigeria, Panserve;
- Yahaya Maikori, Senior Partner, LawAllianz.
Extra networking activities will include:
- East Meets West Ice-Breaker Cocktails – December 7, 2020, 18:00 – 20:00.
- SBEA & SBWA Poker Tournament (USD150 Buy-in Per Person) – December 8, 2020, 19:00 – 00:00.
- SBEA & SBWA VIP Dinner (USD100 Per Person) – December 9, 2020, 19:00 – 22:00.
Read more: The best online casino software
Read more: How to launch online casinos in Japan?