Online casinos and bookmakers don’t attract modern players anymore. Now, it is the affiliate networks’ task. The tool was introduced in 2014 and, at the current time, the market includes a big number of platforms, which offer reliable sets of strategies and tariffs for both newcomers and experts. Specialists from an affiliate program Pin-Up Partners will explain the features of a perfect bookmaking affiliate program.
Affiliate program from inside: how does the system work?
Based on the example of their affiliate program, the Pin-Up Partners experts explained what is a perfect system, which ensures high-quality and constant traffic. Pin-Up Partners’ main focus is on online casinos and sports betting under their brand. Starting from 2016, the affiliate program and CPA network Pin-Up Partners has been responsible for marketing tasks. It was launched based on a gambling brand. Webmasters can choose between two projects: a casino affiliate program (Pin-Up.casino) or bookmaking (Pin-Up.bet).
At the early stages, the operator implemented the approach of progressive scaling. This became the reason for its current geo coverage including the CIS, near and far abroad countries: Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Moldova, Azerbaijan, Portugal, Brazil, India, etc. The network operates in more than 50 countries rich in traffic, with 10 more upcoming regions. In addition to this, the product was gradually localized as a gambling platform and an affiliate program. It helped to extend the coverage and target audience. As a result, an in-house affiliate network provides the operator with constant traffic. Webmasters and partners, in their turn, get affordable tariffs because the network doesn’t have hidden fees and saves money as it maintain its own platform, not third parties’ solutions.
For Pin-Up’s key geo targets, there is a comprehensive pool of payment tools, which players use for balance replenishment and money withdrawal:
- national payment systems;
- Apple Pay/Google Pay;
- electronic currency;
- mobile commerce (replenishment via a phone balance)
- payment aggregators.
This helps to cover the maximum of available methods for depositing and withdrawal.
Where to get traffic in affiliate programs?
90% of traffic on gambling platforms comes from smartphones, but the other 10% shouldn’t be underestimated, according to the Pin-Up Partners experts. Affiliate networks integrate marketing trends actively but continue to operate based on standard arbitrage formats. The experts confirm that this strategy ensures up to 100% ROI for a webmaster if a campaign is optimized properly.
The list of top traffic sources includes the following:
1. Social media networks. It is the main traffic source for the gambling sector in 2020. For example, the Pin-Up Partners experts applied situational marketing and shifted the focus to this vertical. To do this, it was necessary to fix bugs that often caused conflicts in apps used by webmasters. Compatibility with iOS and Android was extended. The QA product testing function was enabled. A player’s path from clicking sports betting ad to depositing on a casino or bookmaking platform was minimized. Facebook became the leading platform for gambling traffic.
2. Traffic from Google UAC and contextual advertising. A complex campaign with the usage of highly converting landings from browsers and mobile platforms.
3. Bulk SMS. The method is gaining popularity. A webmaster uses a ready-made customer database and traffic comes directly or through the CPA network, which monetizes it in the future. It requires the usage of field-specific landings with a high conversion rate, set for peculiar traffic.
4. SEO. This is a niche type of traffic. According to specialists from Pin-Up Partners, the amount of investments in the sector is over $ 3 million per month, and users make more than 1,000 first deposits per day using this scheme. Experts call such campaigns more stable and of higher quality due to the concentrated large volume of finance and higher customer lifetime value (LTV) on casino and bookmaker sites.
What tools will webmasters and affiliates need?
It is in the interests of the affiliate network to provide users with the maximum number of effective options. Experts of the Pin-Up affiliate program think that this will reduce the webmaster's time to work out the necessary strategy, thereby bringing everyone closer to the desired result. Below, there is information on a number of tools that the network has to provide:
1. General statistics. This is basic data that demonstrate the effectiveness of a specific strategy: the number of clicks, unique users, the sum of all bets, etc. For convenience, there are Geolocation filters, breakdowns by time parameters, tariffs, and offers. The webmaster can hide unnecessary data columns, and also highlight the FD/RD and R/V ratios, which is important specifically for gambling platforms.
2. Player statistics. The webmaster receives information on the players and the possibility to view the activity of each of them. Significant data includes the country of registration of the user, his/her flows, and SubIDs, the schedule of activity, expenses, and winnings, as well as the income that the player brought to the platform. As part of the affiliate package, the partner is provided with a wider pool of data, including analytics on the duration of gaming sessions, calls to the support service and activation of bonus offers – anything that does not contradict domestic and international laws.
3. Cohort analysis. It shows traffic for a certain period or from the moment of making the first deposit. The main analysis criterion is the amount of the bet and its frequency. It is important that the webmaster also has the possibility to filter data for mobile traffic separately from the stationary one.
4. Additional reporting. This is about referral statistics, analytics concerning promos, statistics by days.
Representatives of Pin-Up Partners, for example, in addition to the listed options, have also developed functionality for affiliated partners. The package includes both traditional functionality (link builder, landings of a demo game, banners, SubIDs, postbacks) and personalized tools:
· Affiliate network for mobile applications. The automatic service gives access to applications for advertising campaigns of partners with an interface of the partner program. The PP team independently carries out the attraction of developers, the integration of new technologies, and protection against malware. Thanks to tracking, the percentage of losses was reduced from 7% to 2-3%. The applications are free and available for independent webmasters, as well as those who work in teams.
- Tracking of casino promo codes. This is a personalized tool that demonstrates the active use of promotional codes by players.
- Personalized promo. The team of the affiliate network, which involves IT specialists and designers, creates an individual presentation at the request of the webmaster.
Choosing an affiliate program with convenient rates
According to experienced affiliate partners, the top popular tariffs include CPA, RevShare, RS+, and Hybrid. Representatives of Pin-Up Partners spoke about each of them briefly and provided an overview of the conditions offered by their company.
In the CPA system, the webmaster gets paid for the player's first deposit. The main condition for payment is the KPI (performance and efficiency) and the uninterrupted, smooth operation of the application. For example, in the Pin-Up affiliate program, CPA tariffs are set in the range from $20 to $50, depending on the Geolocation.
RevShare tariffs are of two types: standard and RS+ for masters with an increased volume of activity. The latter provides insurance against unpredictable traffic losses and a sharp decline in the number of players. The standard RevShare is calculated at a constant rate of 40%. For affiliate partners, it is 10% of the amount of deposits or 10% of the players' GGR for the provider's fee.
In the RS+ tariff, the negative balance of the webmaster is not transferred to the new month. Due to this, income can reach up to 50% of players' deposits to casinos and betting platforms.
The Hybrid tariff implies loyal conditions for thematic websites intended for people and large review sites on the topic of sports betting and casinos on CPA+RevShare terms. The baseline here is $10 by default and is increased upon request, and payments are made according to a hybrid scheme.
The affiliate network can sell tariffs both together and separately, for example, Pin-Up offers the listed tariffs in the basic package and for affiliate partners. Each system can be customized in terms of the percentage of accrual, payment schedule, and other nuances based on the results of contacting the support service.
Promotions, registration, payments, and support of the affiliate program
“Like traffic on platforms, webmasters in networks need to come from somewhere,” Pin-Up representatives say. For partners and potential webmasters, the platform conducts traditional promotions and tournaments where it teaches and encourages participants in an entertainment format. All promotions are carried out through the interface of the affiliate program, which is convenient for affiliates.
In the case of Pin-Up promotions, new partners go through an introductory conversation, as a result of which personalized conditions, recommendations, and an approximate initial plan are prepared for them. A personal network manager advises a webmaster in an online format through instant messengers or on the affiliate platform.
In order to improve the quality of work with partners, the Pin-Up management regularly polls webmasters and, in case of partners’ dissatisfaction, changes the personal manager.
Payments in the Pin-Up.partners affiliate program are made in any way convenient for the webmaster:
- Bank transfer
- Yandex money
- Wallet aggregators
Money is accrued in US dollars and can be converted into any other currency at the official rate.
With RevShare, payments can be ordered every day, in case of RS+ tariff with zeroing of negative balances payments are on the first working days of every month. As for CPA and HYBRID, payments are made two times a month for the period 1-15 and 16-30 (31) days of each month within three working days after the end of the payment period.
Pin-Up Partners always meets webmasters halfway and individually makes early payments to partners in case of successful cooperation experience, reaching the necessary KPI, and the absence of questions about traffic from the anti-fraud department.
Only licensed software from the most famous developers is used for work with players on the Pin-up.casino and PinUp.bet products. The list of gaming providers in the casino currently features more than 40 companies, including Tom Horn, Red Tiger, BetSoft, Quickspin, Play’n GO, NetEnt, Endorphina, 1x2gaming, Habanero, Igrosoft, and others.
In addition to the main product, Pin-Up provides its partners with many tools for working with traffic, such as access to its own creatives, landing pages, and much more.
- the affiliate program accepts branded traffic by CPA;
- product marketing is worked out to the smallest detail: email campaigns, SMS reminders, own call center, retargeting, etc .;
- detailed statistics on CPA and RevShare in your personal account;
- convenient ways to withdraw funds for webmasters;
- all processes take place on proprietary platforms and software;
- players can have access to licensed slots and over 50,000 sports events, as well as welcome bonuses, cashback, promotions, and much more.
Pin-Up is an affiliate program worth paying attention to for affiliates and webmasters who work with a wide variety of traffic sources.
Read more: Regulation of online gambling in Europe